Dental Fillings in Our Columbus Clinic
A dental filling is a restorative procedure that helps repair cracks, fractures or decay on your teeth. Fillings are also used to change the size and shape of your teeth and protect them from further damage. There are different types of materials used in dental fillings such as gold, silver and composite resin. Composite resin is now favored over the other types because it can resemble the natural color of your teeth.
Advantages of Composite Fillings
There are many advantages to choosing tooth-colored fillings over other filling options. The main advantage of tooth-colored fillings is that esthetically, it blends better with the color of your natural teeth. Other types of fillings such as gold or silver fillings can draw unwanted attention to your mouth and keep you from having a beautiful smile. Another advantage of tooth-colored fillings is that the composite resin used for such fillings bonds better with your natural tooth, creating a stronger and tighter fit than other fillings can achieve.
Tooth-Colored Fillings Procedure
- The tooth being restored is thoroughly cleaned to ensure a strong bonding with the filling
- Local anesthesia is administered to numb the area being treated
- The tooth is trimmed or drilled to make room for the filling
- The dentist will then choose the color of the resin that matches your natural teeth’s color
- The resin is then applied to the filling and cured with a special light to help it harden.
You might experience a slight discomfort after the procedure but will subside after a couple of days. Good oral hygiene is strongly recommended to keep your teeth healthy and make your filling last longer.
Need a Tooth Filling?
Call us at (614) 758-6522 to schedule an appointment with us. Don’t let dental issues compromise the beauty of your smile; see if tooth-colored fillings are right for you!
What our patient says
"Very pleasant. Very nice very caring and gentle"