Repair Your Tooth in Our Columbus Office
Bonding is a cosmetic procedure that repairs teeth that are discolored, cracked, chipped or misaligned. A composite resin is applied to your teeth and is then molded and shaped to match your natural teeth. This cosmetic procedure is very popular because it is very effective in improving your appearance, it is also the least expensive and least invasive of the restorative and cosmetic treatments, and can be done in a single short visit. Give cosmetic bonding a try if you want to have a confident, beautiful smile.
- Your doctor will examine your teeth to determine if bonding is the best restorative and cosmetic solution for you
- The tooth or teeth that need the treatment are then thoroughly cleaned and prepared for the procedure
- The surface of the tooth or teeth are scratched lightly to accommodate for the composite resin
- A bonding agent is applied to the surface of the tooth or teeth
- The composite resin is then placed and molded to fit the appearance of nearby teeth
- A special light is used to cure and harden the resin
- The teeth are then polished to complete the procedure and give the restoration the shine and look of natural teeth
Good oral hygiene is strongly recommended to maintain your cosmetic bonding, avoid using mouthwashes with alcohol as they can weaken the resin and damage the bonding. Chips, breaks, and stains can occur so be mindful of the types of foods and drinks you have, so your restorations are not affected.
If you are interested in cosmetic bonding call us at (614) 758-6522 or visit us at Polaris Dental Care to make an appointment today!
What our patient says
"I liked the attention to detail and the technology that the office staff and the hygienist used to interact with me."