Tooth Restorations in Columbus
When we lose one or more teeth, we leave a gap in our mouth, which makes speaking and chewing harder and also allow the nearby teeth to shift to the open spaces and create a misalignment. Restorative devices such as bridges, implants or dentures can help replace your missing teeth and restore the functionality and appearance of your mouth. A dental bridge is a device that helps replace missing teeth by installing replacement teeth using a bridge that is anchored by crowns to your nearby natural teeth.
Main Types of Tooth Bridges
Also known as a resin-bonded bridge, this type of dental bridge can be made out of different materials such as porcelain or plastic and consists of replacement plastic teeth and gums supported by a metal or porcelain framework. This metal or porcelain wings are then bonded to your natural teeth.
This type of bridge is used when natural teeth are only present on one side of the missing tooth or teeth.
This type of bridge is made out of ceramic or porcelain fused with metals and uses a crown on the natural teeth adjacent to the missing tooth or teeth and the replacement tooth or teeth in between.
How Are Teeth Bridges Installed?
- Two visits will be necessary to complete the installation of a dental bridge.
- One your first visit, the abutment teeth need to be re-contoured so the crowns holding the bridge can fit on them.
- Molds of your teeth are taken and sent to the lab so the crowns, bridge and replacement teeth can be created according to your measurements
- A temporary dental bridge will be placed at this point.
- On your second visit, the temporary dental bridge is removed, and the permanent bridge is fitted and adjusted.
- If you have problems with the fit of the device or your bite, another visit might be necessary to adjust the issue.
Need a Dental Bridge?
Call Polaris Dental Care at (614) 758-6522 to schedule an appointment today!
What our patient says
"I really appreciate the timely manner that I am seen in this office. The new equipment makes the experience as painless as possible and Dr Khan and his staff are very friendly and accommodating."