Dental Veneers in Columbus, Ohio
Porcelain veneers are a very popular cosmetic treatment that helps restore the beauty to your smile. Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells and closely match the natural color of your teeth, so they are undetectable, they are highly resistant, and the properties of the porcelain mimic the shine of natural teeth. Veneers are bonded to the surface of your teeth to cover minor imperfections such as stains, cracks or chips. Porcelain veneers are very effective because not only will they enhance your appearance and the beauty of your smile, but they are also made of very strong materials so you can have full functionality too.
It may take two to three visits for the cosmetic treatment to be completed.
How Are Porcelain Veneers Applied?
- Your doctor will examine your gums and teeth, to determine if porcelain veneers are the best solution to your cosmetic needs
- Impressions of your teeth will be taken and sent to a lab to make the veneers according to your teeth’s measurements
- Once the veneers are ready, you will need to come back so they can be applied
- To apply the porcelain veneers to the surface of your teeth, a little enamel has to be shaved off
- The veneers are then bonded to your teeth with a special cement and adjusted for a comfortable fit.
Good oral hygiene is strongly recommended to maintain your porcelain veneers and avoid any staining or chipping. Refrain from foods and drinks that might stain or chip your veneers such as tobacco, wine, coffee and very hard foods.
Do You Want to Restore the Beauty to Your Smile?
Call Polaris Dental Care at (614) 758-6522 today to schedule an appointment and find out if porcelain veneers can help make you smile more confidently!
What our patient says
"I liked the attention to detail and the technology that the office staff and the hygienist used to interact with me."