Endodontic Therapy in Our Columbus Clinic
Root canal treatments have a bad reputation for being very painful procedures, but that could not be farther from the truth. At Polaris Dental Care, root canal treatments are fast and painless procedures that can help save your teeth. A root canal treatment is necessary when the pulp inside a tooth has been infected or decayed. The pulp contains the nerves, connective tissue and blood vessels that keep the tooth alive.
Symptoms of Tooth Infections or Decay
- Sensitivity to hot and cold foods and drinks
If you do not seek immediate treatment when an infection or tooth decay is present, you risk compromising your health as well as nearby teeth, gums, and jawbone. Our office offers different sedation options to make your procedure more relaxing and painless.
Root Canal Procedure
- Your doctor will examine your teeth to see where the infection is and see if the gums or nearby teeth have been infected too
- X-rays will be necessary to see the extent of the damage
- Local anesthesia will be administered to numb the area to be treated, and the infected tooth will be isolated for the procedure
- Through the crown of the tooth, a small hole is drilled to access the infected pulp
- The infected pulp is taken out and the tooth completely cleaned to remove all bacteria
- Finally, the tooth is filled with a resin and sealed with a crown for protection.
In order to avoid further infection or needing a retreatment, good oral hygiene is strongly recommended.
Having a Tooth Infection?
If you are experiencing pain or any symptoms associated with a tooth infection, a root canal treatment might be necessary to stop the infection and save your tooth. Call us today at (614) 758-6522 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kahn and examine the possible treatments for you.
What our patient says
"Painless, modern and friendly! Great dental office. Its been there maybe a year or so but i just saw it on google finally. Its VERY cozy but modern and very comfortable inside, and the staff is wonderful. They are caring and take there time. Ive been to a few other offices in the springfield and london area and this one blows them out of the water. Dr Khan is amazing and the other doc is also really good i hear. It was friendly, clean, comfortable and PAINLESS! I recommend everyone try them out, thanks guys! :)""