Safe Tooth Removal in Our Columbus Clinic
We know how important it is to keep your natural teeth, therefore, teeth extractions are recommended only as a last resort to your dental problems. A tooth might need extraction if it has become decayed if it has been broken beyond repair or as part of an orthodontic treatment to fix the alignment of your teeth. Sometimes, not even a root canal can save a tooth from decay or infection, so it needs to be extracted to stop it from affecting nearby teeth. An injury or accident can leave a tooth broken beyond any restorative treatments, and the tooth or pieces need to be extracted to let your mouth heal. Other times, there is not enough space in your mouth for all your teeth, as teeth erupt they can push other teeth out of alignment. This is when some teeth might need to be extracted, to provide space for your permanent teeth to erupt in the correct position or to fix the alignment of teeth that already erupted.
- Your doctor will examine your teeth and X-rays to determine if extraction is the best solution
- Local anesthesia is administered to numb the area being treated and block any pain
- The tooth being extracted is rocked out of its socket until it is extracted completely
- Sometimes a tooth may need to be sectioned or broken into smaller pieces to be extracted
- A gauze is then applied to stop any bleeding and the healing process can start.
After a tooth extraction, you might experience some swelling and some pain once the anesthesia wears off. Apply an icepack to reduce swelling and pain medications as prescribed by your dentist. Good oral hygiene is strongly recommended once the space has healed in order to avoid infections.
Schedule an Appointment
If you have suffered an injury or trauma or have a dental issue that cannot be fixed with other treatments, a teeth extraction might be necessary. Call us at (614) 758-6522 to schedule an appointment with us today! Teeth extractions are a last resort solution and should be treated immediately so the nearby teeth and bone left from the extraction are not affected.
What our patient says
"I love the staff!! There very nice and it feels so homie when your in there.(:"